PELICANPUB.COM PRIVACY STATEMENT
We respect your concerns about privacy. Please read this privacy statement to learn more about our practices for gathering and using information through the Pelicanpub.com website. If you have additional questions regarding this privacy statement, please call us at 1(800) 843-1724 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By agreeing to this privacy statement, you expressly consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with its terms. Your use of this website signifies your agreement to this privacy statement. If you do not agree to this privacy statement, you should use your browser’s “Back” button to exit this website.
1. Information We Collect. You can browse the website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself other than the information that you automatically provide us (discussed below). When you place an order through the “shopping cart” function or create a “login account,” you will be asked to provide your name, address, and email address. This allows us to process and fulfill your order, to facilitate future ordering, and to provide you with information regarding your ordering history.
Additionally, when you sign up to receive our monthly newsletter, Peligram, you will be asked to provide only your email address. We will use this email address to send you the requested newsletter.
In addition to information that you provide us, we automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the website. We use data collection devices, such as “cookies,” on certain pages of the website to help analyze our website flow, website performance, and content structure, as well as to allow you to make purchases on our site through the “shopping cart” function and maintain a “login account.” Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies will be placed as a text file in the browser of your computer. Other information that we may automatically collect includes computer type, browser-type and plug-ins, operating system, java script enables, and city and country. Additionally, we may automatically collect your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). Your IP address is a unique numerical address consisting of four numbers separated by periods which provides the location to an individual computer on the Internet. IP addresses are used to designate the computer from which you are accessing the website.
You can shop at www.pelicanpub.com with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to offer safe and secure credit card and electronic check transactions to our customers. The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the credit card and electronic check processing networks. Authorize.Net adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
� 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions;
� Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information; and
� Compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
2. Our Use of Your Information. We use the information you disclose through the “shopping cart” and “login account” functions to provide you with the Pelican Publishing Company products you have selected for purchase, to contact you regarding other Pelican Publishing Company products, and to provide you with your purchase history from our site.
We may use personal information about you (including the information we automatically collect from you) to market to you, to analyze website usage and promotional effectiveness, to improve our content, to perform trouble-shooting activities, and to customize the website’s content, layout, and services. These uses help us improve the website and better tailor it to meet your needs, in order to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience.
We may additionally use your personal information to send you administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the website.
3. Release of Information. We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, under the limited circumstances described in this paragraph, we may release information about you to third parties. We may release information about you to legal authorities to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order. Additionally, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or other alleged illegal activities, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose information about you, including, without limitation, your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, IP address and User ID history, without a subpoena.
Due to the existing regulatory environment, we cannot ensure that any and/or all of your private communications and other personal information will never be disclosed in ways not described in this privacy statement. By way of example (without limiting the foregoing), third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we take measures to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
4. Links to Websites Not Affiliated With Pelican Publishing. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website. This website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. When you leave our site, please read the privacy statements of any website that may collect your personal information.
5. Updating and Correcting Your Personal Information. You can review and amend the information you have provided us by signing on to your “login account.”
6. Changes to this Privacy Statement. We may amend this privacy statement at any time by posting the amended terms on the website. All amended terms shall automatically be effective 2 days after they are initially posted on the website.
Last Updated June, 2010.