The history of 613 Rue Royale, the site of New Orleans' famous Court of Two Sisters restaurant, dates back to 1732—just 14 years following the founding of the city, when it was the site of the home of Louisiana's second governor. Beginning in 1886, the legendary "two sisters" for whom the building and courtyard are named operated a notions shop on the ground floor of the mansion. Various romantic fables and myths grew up around the sisters, adding to the mystique and intrigue of the distinguished address. Located in the very center of "Governor's Row," 613 Royal became the focal point of Creole society. In many ways, the romance and history of the largest courtyard in the Vieux Carre epitomize the charm, the ambience, and the lifestyle of "America's most European city."
The Court of Two Sisters Postcard Book is a tribute to the past history and present-day charm that has made the restaurant famous throughout the world. The courtyard and the French Quarter offers excellent postcards to save or send.
THE COURT OF TWO SISTERS POSTCARD BOOK
By Mel Leavitt
COOKING / Regional & Ethnic / Cajun & Creole
16 Color Postcards
4 x 6
ISBN: 9781565548947 pb (G)